Anyone who runs a successful website knows the value of search engine optimization. A good SEO tool kit can turn a good website into a profitable website by attracting the right kind of targeted traffic.
But, how do you SEO a CMS site such as Joomla? With Joomla Extensions! Extensions is term used to refer to any number of Joomla components, modules and plugins.
If you have a Joomla website, you’re going to want to make sure that you’ve properly optimized it for search engines and have the appropriate SEO tools in place.
Below I’ve listed the top five SEO extensions for Joomla.
1. Joomap. One of the first and most important things you can do when building your site is to make sure to create a sitemap and submit it to all the major search engines. The extension shows all the menu structure, content categories and sections and can also create a Google Sitemap list.
2. SEOSimple. SEOSimple is one of the most used SEO extensions by Joomla users. On the front page, you can choose whether to use automated meta data based on what displays on the page or manually insert meta data. Other features include the ability to customize the meta data for each page.
3. JoomSEO. JoomSEO has a ton of different features, but most notably, it dynamically makes the content more search engine friendly.
4. Joomla SEO/SEF Component. The Joomla SEO/SEF Component mainly makes your urls more search engine friendly. Instead of your urls being a mixture of numbers and letters, it allows for more understandable urls.
5. J!Redirect301. This extension works just as it sounds. The plugin redirects your domains to one domain so that only one version of your site is indexed.